One Day Left

One day left!! All downhill from here. Should be cruising into London by early afternoon. Can't figure out how to welcome myself home yet. That will give me something to think about on the ride in....Some food treat for sure...just so many choices...DQ, McDonalds,  Chinese takeout, wings.....if I can't decide by the time I get to London I might just have to go to them all. We'll see....

Good day today. 109k.  Listowel to Belgrave to Lucknow to Lanes to Point Farms Provincial Park. It was a day to visit some family gravesites  and some old family homes that aren't in the family any more but still are worth checking in on. Doesn't sound like a great day, but it was. Got to see everything I wanted to. And probably the best was my visit to a pretty special old farmhouse that had been in the family for over a hundred years until a little over a year ago. We knew renovations were underway and while we have no involvement there is still a strong connection to the old stone farmhouse and its unique features....like the bright red roof. I had permission from the new owner to look around....and it is awesome!!! The outside, including the red roof is just about the same. A few changes to windows and doors and siding on an old addition, but it all looks really good. And the inside...WOW...walls have been moved or removed, the whole setup of the house has been changed, lots of upgrades to the electrical and heating and stuff, but through it all they have tried to keep a lot of the character of the original house. A lot of the old wood floors, the big wood interior door and window trim, and the wooden banister. and railings...all a part of the 'new' house. All that really made my day. Pretty cool and a great way to finish off my wandering.
Sitting here on a Lake Huron beach thinking it's over tomorrow. Thinking maybe it's time to start planning the next one!!!!





M


Sent from my iPad

Comments