Back on the bike tomorrow






Thank goodness. The car is killing my back and my neck. Strange...I would have thought the bike would be harder on my body. But sitting in the car all day, even one with 35,000 seating positions and lumbar support, has been tougher on me. I'm lucky to be able get out of the car let alone walk into McDonalds. The bike has hit me with assorted aches and pains but they have always worked themselves out somehow.  And the other great thing about the bike.....there's not somebody telling me where to go every 30 seconds. There's a new route around Montreal that the Nav system doesn't recognize so it's been telling me again and again to u-turn and take every exit and get back on the road for the last half hour. Now I know you can just turn it off....but you have to know how. Dirk did show me but that was like 2 days ago. Don't have that problem on the bike. I've only had two instances where people were telling me where to go...when I got on the Interstate in Vermont?? and people were yelling at me to get off, and one guy in NS who apparently didn't know how to share the road with a cyclist and told me where to go with a blast of his horn. Other than those instances I was only given instructions when I asked.  That was actually pretty often, but, again,  it was only at my request/pleading for help.
The two days in the car have really made me appreciate the bike. It's slow and it's work, but it's a pretty awesome way to get around. Don't really know how to explain it. It actually is fun. Big sense of accomplishment. Maybe not for everyone...but it is for me.
So, back in the car for another few hours. Then get everything set up for Thursday morning and hit the road out of Ottawa around 7am hopefully. Back on my biking schedule. Get up. Ride. Go to sleep and repeat. Sounds like fun to me!!!! Can't wait.

Comments