The first time I was sad to leave a campsite. They have all been good to a certain degree but the Ovens was kind of spectacular. Cliffs and rocks and the ocean right there. I suppose if all the campsites had been filled it would have been a little crowded, but they weren't. But leave I did. Heading over to the north shore of Nova Scotia. Should have been another easy day but I was dragging for some reason. Maybe I was missing McDonalds. Missed it again today and ended up at a Superstore for chocolate milk and a cheese and pepperoni tray. Weird the choices we make. So that was my early lunch and my late lunch along with Coke and ice cream before I hit my campsite. Not exactly back to eating right yet. At least that's what some people would tell me.
The campsite today is my first National Park, Keji. That's not its full name but that's all I can spell and they do call it that. If I spelled out the whole name you would have just thought I'd lost it anyways. It's on a big system of lakes. Lots of camping as well as offering backcountry kayaking and hiking. I think I may have to come back someday with a little more equipment. The only bad thing about the park....remember I said I was dragging a bit today. ....hit the park right at about 100k. I was really glad to see the registration booth after only 1km down the entrance way. Except it wasn't the registration booth...it was the pre-clearance booth. The actual campsite registration was another 10km into the park. Oh well, I did make it. Found my site which had a view through the trees to the lake. Had a walk on the trails beside the lake, set up camp, planned tomorrow, had my soup and mashed potatoes and hit the sack. Kind of getting into a routine. Going to be a problem when I get home. 7:00 bedtime is going to interfere with all my running and biking and hill group workouts. Guess I'll have to cut them short or move them up.
Hopefully a little more energy will return tomorrow. I hit a fairly major town in about two hours. They are sure to have a McDonalds and I'll hunt it down. Usually they just appear for me but not lately, so a hunting I will go. Wish me luck.
North shore and big tides next. Should be cool.
And speaking of cool...that little regret is getting bigger, NS summers can be cool...as in cold. A warm sleeping bag would have been in order....a nice 0 degree bag....just like I tell all the members at MEC looking for a bag . I guess I should listen to my own advice!!!


....and an update....wrote that last night...rained all night, cool and cloudy this morning. Talk about lucky...I've had great luck all trip. Even with the few rainy days, I've got no complaints.....except...you guessed it...no McDonalds today within 25k in the wrong direction. Oh well. Nothing like stopping in at a small town library and using their computers.  Now I'll find a small town cafe and pretend I'm a tourist...maybe even have something fishy or lobstery. I'm getting brave!!

Comments