On the north shore of NS


Everything's in place for my 'bailout' drive to Ottawa. I probably would have liked the bike ride back through NB and PQ, but I really did enjoy the little tour of NS I did instead. I got to actually see some of the stuff I just blew past on my 200km days racing for Halifax. And my little tour was pretty straight forward re directions..so no getting lost. Could you see me trying to navigate around or through Montreal?? I might never have been heard from again. And...scary to think I'm the guy that gives most of the navigation courses at MEC!!  So finish off my NS tour in the next couple of days, head for Ottawa by luxury vehicle, and then back on the bike. At least that's the current plan..
You have to love plan changes though. I made another one today. Left Keji a little later than usual but the route to Valleyview Provincial Park was pretty straight forward and relatively short. Everything went as planned in the morning except Annapolis Royal didn't have a McDonalds. Bummer..what is it with this province?? Actually ate at a little local cafe and had fish and chips. Pretty impressive!! Then on to Bridgetown where you turn off for the park. Went into the tourist info kiosk and got talking with the host. Between the two of us we figured there were a lot of reasons to make about the 25th plan change. That's actually not bad. On the road for 21 days and only 25 changes so far. Considering I made 2 before I got out of my subdivision things have been going pretty well lately. The host said Valleyview was a nice park but it was at the top of a pretty both hill. He said biking it would be hard but it wasn't that far and I could walk the bike. Not impressed with that description. And he added that the next couple of towns along my route had plenty of campsites advertised along the road. It wouldn't be a problem finding a new stop. That would also allow me to get to Blomidon earlier to make sure I could get campsite at this popular park. And in response to my comment that this area seemed lacking in McDonalds, he agreed, saying the only ones were in Digby...'way out of the way, and the one up #1 (my current route) before the turn off to Blomidon....my next stop. So, I guess it's pretty obvious that my change in plan was to skip Valleyview, find a campsite that would get me to Blomidon early a and be able to look forward to breakfast at McDonalds. Now that's a great change!!
Found my campground easily enough at Kingston. Had a swim. Bought a couple of Cokes (3 actually) and a large order of onion rings to have with my soup and potatoes. Sat in the sun composing this blog and maybe nodding off once or twice. Shorter day tomorrow ( if Blomidon has a spot for me) and breakfast at McDonalds. Life is good!!
Sent from my iPad

Comments

  1. You'll have to advise if they have McLobsters on the menu in NS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment