Fattening...Day 1 of 2


Well...a pretty successful day. Freshly baked muffins and bacon and eggs and toast and jam and peanut butter. Coke and more Coke and orange juice and turkey panini and ham panini and chips and milk and more Coke and pizza and wings and more muffins and Pepsi (came with the pizza) and chips and Coke. And the only exercise was eating and drinking all that stuff. And a little bit of playing with a bunch of great little kids. And I get to do it all again tomorrow before a major change to my plans.
I did pick up my bike so it's ready to go. New chain. My Brooks leather seat has been restretched....didn't even know you could do that. New tire. New pedals. New chain. More new stuff than I probably needed, but my bike has taken good care of me so far, so I'd better take good care of it now. My gear has been washed and dried. I need to get some food organized tomorrow and I'm off on Tuesday. But with a major change to my plans.
A car needs to be delivered to Ottawa from Halifax later this week or early next week. And apparently it would be a help if I delivered it .... it would get there sooner than originally planned and the deliverer, me, wouldn't need to make special arrangements to get back home to Halifax. I'd just hop on my bike and head for London. So, the next few days will be spent heading for Cape Breton and spending some time on the Cabot Trail. Then back to Halifax. Into the car and off to Ottawa. Then back on the bike and off to London. Quite a whirlwind over the next 15 to 20 days. Pretty great plan eh!! And people thought I couldn't plan stuff.
I've taken stock of my gear while I was cleaning everything and reorganizing. I'm pretty happy with all the choices I made re what to bring. About the only surplus stuff has been rain booties and rain pants. There have been a few really rainy days but the weather is warm enough that you don't worry about the bottom half....you get wet, but you don't really care. I'll probably not use the booties but there is still a chance for the rain pants that will double as a warmth layer if we get any cool nights, which is possible on Cape Breton...so surplus, but not a bad choice. I should have had a few more food supplies as I tend to forget to eat or make bad choices during the day when food is available. Losing 15 lbs probably shouldn't happen when it puts you well below what would have been considered a minimum weight. We'll see about that one. Probably after my two fattening days I'll never see 158 again, but I'd like to see if I could make that weight work. It actually gives me a BMI right in the middle of the "normal" range. But tomorrow is another food day and I'll make bad choices again.....a very different kind of bad choice. Hopefully I'll get out shopping with my sister and replace all her food that I've eaten...and then just eat it again. Plus buy stuff for the Cabot Trail days. 158 was cool, but it's gone....probably forever...because there is no way I can moderate my food consumption when there is food around. I'm a bit of a pig....well actually I'm a full out pig and always will be. And not too upset that I am....
So...super comfortable right now. Beautiful Halifax weather....another large day!!! A new plan in hand that I think makes the rest of my trip really good. And it's only 9:45pm. Still a good hour of eating and drinking time left. My sister should have known better than to let me into her house.




Comments

Post a Comment