Day 3: Rain, rain, go away


Day 3: rain rain go away come again another day.

Well....I guess this was another day. Rain and thunder and drizzle. But I rode through it and made it to Macedon. This was my first attempt at the Erie Canal Trail. It's pretty awesome. Some pavement. Some hard trail. Mostly well signed. Probably would have been better if everything was dry, but even in the rain it proved to be a great route. And it's easier just to cruise. Probably 2 to 3k slower than the roads but not a problem when you have tons of time. No cars and no hills!! Going through Rochester was like riding through London on the bike trails. They even had geese all over the path.

Thanks for the comments on the previous note. The good lucks paid off. This was probably the most straight forward day I had until the end when I couldn't find the spot I thought I could camp. But even that worked out because apparently you can camp right at the lock on the canal. That's what I'm going to do. I'll let you know in my next note if I was reading the signs correctly.

Things learned today

  • Leather bike seats don't like the rain. Hopefully it will recover.
  • If you see a problem you should fix it right away. I knew my bike computer wasn't clicking in securely but did I fix it? No. And now my bike computer is somewhere on the Erie Canal Trail. Oh well. New one purchased and hopefully installed tonight.
  • If you have directions and actually follow them, you get to where you are going!!

Comments

  1. Poor bike computer! Glad you found a new one so fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment