Day 10 - the Atlantic Ocean

Day 10 - the start was pretty awesome. For once I took a detour. Knew I was 'way ahead of schedule so when I saw signs for Old Orchard Beach, off I went. Old Orchard Beach sounds really familiar. Is it famous...or in some book? Probably an old Hardy Boys book from my pre-teen years..The Hardy Boys and the Mystery of the Missing Bike Tourer. 10 minutes later all I could see straight ahead was ocean. Very cool. I went right to the beach and just sort of stood there and stared. A few people around even at 7:30. Pretty touristy area that I'm sure would be super crowded in another few hours. And then I turned to leave. Back to the bike, ready to get back on course when I thought "what the heck am I thinking!!" So back to the beach, strip down to my bike shorts and my helmet, and out into the ocean. Splashed around for a few minutes. Drank some salt water. And then back to the bike and back to the route. Pretty awesome start to a long day.
Now I'm hanging around the ferry terminal, boarding pass in hand. It's 11am. The boat leaves at 2:30 and because it's lost an engine (1 of 4), it won't arrive in Yarmouth until about 10 local time. That should be interesting!! I'm sure to have something to write about tomorrow morning.
Everything is great. No body parts talking to me. I actually have a great fresh market made sandwich and some fruit...yes, real fruit, for lunch and I'm sitting beside a pop machine. Life is good!!

Comments

  1. You made it to the Atlantic Ocean! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already a great story, picture makes it even better! Way to go Bill!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment