Day 10 -Back in Canada🇨🇦



🇨🇦Back in Canada!!!! 🚴🏻
Yarmouth Nova Scotia. Didn't arrive until 11:30pm instead of the usual 9pm. The CAT ferry is pretty awesome. It actually did rock a bit and that was on a really good day. Everyone walked around the boat like they had been drinking a wee bit too much. The highlight of my day not counting the ocean swim in the morning was using the urinal on the CAT. They maybe should have made it a little bigger.  Got through customs at about midnight and then cheapo Bill decided he could find an inexpensive motel by riding down foggy narrow country roads. When I finally figured that was a really bad idea (only about 10k....I'm not too quick) a look at the map showed me I was also going in the wrong direction. So, never one to give up I headed back along the foggy narrow country roads to the not so cheap place that everyone else off the ferry was staying at. Thankfully they still had a room.
So.....a very different day. Lots of waiting around for the ferry. My first nighttime ride. And actually wifi in my room so I don't have to go looking for a McDonalds to post this in the morning....but I will anyways. Now I'm going to put this extra thick sleeping pad and 16 pillows to good use. Can't believe I'm actually going to set my alarm but tomorrow morning will come quickly and I want to get pedalling even if I don't have a clue which way to go at the moment...although I know one way not to go. South shore of Nova Scotia..here I come wherever you are.

Comments

Post a Comment