Alexa

Day 8 ended really great. The campsite was awesome and cheap. There was a body of water to swim in....not sure what it was...a pond? A little lake?....sort of a little reservoir? The water was hot at the surface, cool just under the surface and cold 4 ft under the surface. Actually very cool to swim in. And there was the guy in the neighbouring campsite. He was car camping and on his own with enough stuff to last a while. He quickly offered coffee, food, breakfast in the morning (but no Coke). I think I disappointed him by declining everything - made worse when he saw me pull the peanut butter out for supper...but I tend not to impose on people even when I know they really want to help or share. But we did talk across the campsites. It was like having Alexa from Amazon. The guy had internet through a hot spot on his phone..which of course he also offered to let me use and which of course I declined. So as we talked and he found out what I was doing, he was looking stuff up and giving me info.
Alexa - how far you going tomorrow
Bill - well, I want to head through Concord and towards Rochester.
Alexa - well Concord is 25 miles and Richmond is 60 miles.
Bill - I might be able to get all the way to Rochester
Alexa - 5 hours by bike
Bill - I wonder how far from Rochester to Portland .....now I was asking on purpose!!
Alexa - 50 miles. ( I was tempted to say "Alexa, how far in kilometres ?)
So by the end of the evening I had the basis for my plan.....Rochester. Hopefully Camp near there. I didn't push Alexa to find a campsite although she....I mean he said there were lots. And then hit Portland the next day in time to catch the ferry. Could work. Alexa said so!!!
So who said I'm not good with technology!!
Pessimistic me figures something will come up to shatter my plan...but if it happens, I'm headed for Nova Scotia for sure!! Thanks Alexa!!

Sent from my iPad

Comments

  1. Alexa says 50 miles is 80.47km. She also says that Portland is 2200 miles or 3540km from Rochester (but Portland Maine is 43.3 miles or 69.7 km from Rochester NH).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment