Vermont!!!!




Again no internet out here in the boonies so I'm composing my note and transferring to my blog in the morning, whenever I get back to civilization. 
Losing track of the days. Into Vermont. Only 109k today. Really should have gone farther. Easy stops up the road and now that I see the map it would have really helped out. But here I am ...Woodford State Park, Vermont. It was a long climb to get here, but at 10k an hour surprisingly easy. Lots of gears on the MEC National..and I used them all from 56kph to an amazing 8kph in my granny granny gear. 
So...nothing exciting today. A couple of McDonalds and some ice cream along the way. No store at the State Park so it's peanut butter sandwiches for supper and I guess breakfast. But I can wash it down with some good sweetened ice tea from McDonalds that is still in my hydration bag. Life is good!! Real food is about 50k away. There had better be a McDonalds. 
Still no guess re where I will get to eventually. In the mornings I get up and start cruising saying "Halifax?  No problem". By nighttime it's "Halifax? What was I thinking". 

Tomorrow's the first day I have no potential stop planned.....figured I wouldn't get this far. So....it should be interesting. I'll make it past Brattleboro VT, and Keene NH, but Concord NH is a stretch (which is why I think I should have gone on today). My detailed plan has me taking the first thing I find after Hillsborough. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I made my plans. I think I figured I'd be so off any plan why make one. Or I was thinking I'd be able to use the Internet to find the next day's stop.  Well, planning actually works. Made the end of my day easy and actually kept me under control. Otherwise I would have kept adding on and killing myself.....like I'll start doing tomorrow!! 
Bike's great. BOB is great.  Totally relaxed after a swim in the lake. Campsite is nice except it's a long uphill back to the road...why do they always do that. The only thing that could be better is if the peanut butter was crunchy. Oh well, can't have everything.

Sent from my iPad

Comments